Thursday, January 15, 2009

Baby it's cold outside....

If you live on the east coast like me you are probably asking the same question as me is it spring yet? It's a blistery 20 degrees out with a wind chill of -10. It's nothing compared to living in ND or MN I'm sure but it's still cold. It's one of those days when the alarm goes of at 4:30 (yes 4:30) that I want to turn over and pull the covers over my head instead of going to work.

I do like the winter though I'm really not a hot summer person even though my B-day is in August. A summer baby. Weird right? I prefer the Fall and the Winter but I do get to a point where enough is enough and I'm ready for spring. Today is one of those days. Dewey mornings where flowers are just about to bloom and you can smell the rain from the day before.

What I do love about winter is a nice fireplace A REAL one (we have a gas one now and will have a gas one in the new house) I grew up with a real one. On days like this every night my Dad would make a fire. I would love to help "build" it and once it was really going sit in front with my dog sneakers soaking up the warmth, listen to it crackle while rubbing his belly. There is something about a real fire that just screams winter to me. I just love that smell too. That woodsy burning smell.

They should make a yankee candle like that LOL. Stay warm east coasters!

3 comments:

Lauren Alexander said...

They should make a yankee candle for that! I did not grow up with a fire place so the whole idea freaks me out a little but warming up and being cozy sure sounds nice!

Giggleberry (Amy) said...

I've nominated you for a blog award - come see
http://giggleberrycreations.blogspot.com/

SoBella Creations said...

It is even cold in Florida today. Suppose to freeze tonight. Yikes I'm ready for Spring.